ll good agents and stylists will tell you that for a successful sale, it is imperative to de-clutter your home. We often help home sellers sort through their belongings, prior to styling and every one of them are surprised at how much “stuff” they have. This is then followed up with, “what on Earth are we going to do with it all?” So, today I thought we could cover storage and sale options for those things that aren’t needed while your home is staged for sale.
TAKE THEM WITH YOU
- Secure Storage facility
- Range of sizes – 1m x 1m up to a mini warehouse
- See Storage King or Kennards
- Large, delivered via truck and stored securely – Pods
- Store cages with removalists – Store My Stuff Removalists
- Small, delivered via car and stored securely – Taxibox
Not many people look inside the typical garden shed…..so if it doesn’t leak, use it!
Your New Home!!
If you have purchased your new home before you sell, why not take the extra ‘stuff’ to the new house?
Old, broken, duplicates, upgraded or buyers remorse. There are plenty of reasons why you might decide not to take something with you. Maybe your new abode is smaller and now your furniture is too big or you have too much? Whatever the reason, there are plenty of money friendly ways to recycle or dispose of your belongings.
- St Vincents De Paul
- The Salvation Army
- Kerbside collection
- Local Refuse Tip
- Hire a Skip Bin
- Purchase a Skip Bag – Aussie Skip Bag are fantastic and we use them for all of our de-cluttering clients. Available from Bunnings and the big one even holds 600kg. Just place it within 4m of an access point and start filling it.
- Garage sale
- Facebook Swap, Buy and Sell Group
Let me know if there are any other places I should add to my list!
Thanks for reading